BRAND: Imatinib Rowex
ACTIVE INGREDIENT: Imatinib
STRENGTH, PACK SIZE & GMS CODE:
100 mg Film-coated Tablets x 60 ~ 88664
400 mg Film-coated Tablets x 30 ~ 88665
Imatinib Rowex is indicated for the treatment of
– adult and paediatric patients with newly diagnosed Philadelphia chromosome (bcr-abl) positive (Ph+) chronic myeloid leukaemia (CML) for whom bone marrow transplantation is not considered as the first line of treatment.
– adult and paediatric patients with Ph+ CML in chronic phase after failure of interferon-alpha therapy, or in accelerated phase or blast crisis.
– adult and paediatric patients with newly diagnosed Philadelphia chromosome positive acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (Ph+ ALL) integrated with chemotherapy.
– adult patients with relapsed or refractory Ph+ ALL as monotherapy.
– adult patients with myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative diseases (MDS/MPD) associated with platelet-derived growth factor receptor (PDGFR) gene re-arrangements.
– adult patients with advanced hypereosinophilic syndrome (HES) and/or chronic eosinophilic leukaemia (CEL) with FIP1L1-PDGFR rearrangement.
– adult patients with unresectable dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans (DFSP) and adult patients with recurrent and/or metastatic DFSP who are not eligible for surgery.
The effect of imatinib on the outcome of bone marrow transplantation has not been determined.
In adult and paediatric patients, the effectiveness of imatinib is based on overall haematological and cytogenetic response rates and progression-free survival in CML, on haematological and cytogenetic response rates in Ph+ ALL, MDS/MPD, on haematological response rates in HES/CEL and on objective response rates in adult patients with unresectable and/or metastatic DFSP. The experience with imatinib in patients with MDS/MPD associated with PDGFR gene re-arrangements is very limited. Except in newlay diagnosed chronic phase CML, there are no controlled trials demonstrating a clinical benefit or increased survival for these diseases.