ACTIVE INGREDIENT: Teicoplanin
STRENGTH, PACK SIZE & GMS CODE:
200 mg Powder & Solvent for Solution for Inj/Inf or Oral Solution x 1 ~ 72820
400 mg Powder & Solvent for Solution for Inj/Inf or Oral Solution x 1 ~ 72825
Teicoplanin is indicated in adults and in children from birth for the parenteral treatment of the following infections:
- complicated skin and soft tissue infections,
- bone and joint infections,
- hospital acquired pneumonia,
- community acquired pneumonia,
- complicated urinary tract infections,
- infective endocarditis,
- peritonitis associated with continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis (CAPD),
- bacteraemia that occurs in association with any of the indications listed above.
Teicoplanin is also indicated as an alternative oral treatment for Clostridium difficile infection-associated diarrhoea and colitis.
Where appropriate, teicoplanin should be administered in combination with other antibacterial agents.
Consideration should be given to official guidance on the appropriate use of antibacterial agents.