ACTIVE INGREDIENT: Allopurinol
STRENGTH & PACK SIZE & GMS CODES:
100 mg Tablets X 100 ~ 10652
300 mg Tablets X 100 ~ 10681
Alopur is indicated for reducing urate/uric acid formation in conditions where urate/uric acid deposition has already occurred (e.g. gouty arthritis, skin tophi, nephrolithiasis) or is a predictable clinical risk (e.g. treatment of malignancy potentially leading to acute uric acid nephropathy).
The main clinical conditions where urate/uric acid deposition may occur are:
- Idiopathic gout;
- Uric acid lithiasis;
- Acute uric acid nephropathy;
- Neoplastic disease and myeloproliferative disease with high cell turnover rates, in which high urate levels occur either spontaneously, or after cytotoxic therapy;
- Certain enzyme disorders which lead to overproduction of urate, for example:
– Hypoxanthine-guanine phosphoribosyltransferase, including Lesch-Nyhan syndrome;
– Glucose-6-phosphatase including glycogen storage disease;
– Phosphoribosylpyrophosphate synthetase;
– Phosphoribosylpyrophosphate amidotransferase;
– Adenine phosphoribosyltransferase;
Alopur is indicated for the management of 2, 8-dihydroxyadenine (2, 8-DHA) renal stones related to deficient activity of adenine phosphoribosyltranferase.
Alopur is indicated for the management of recurrent mixed calcium oxalate renal stones in the presence of hyperuricosuria, when fluid, dietary and similar measures have failed.