ACTIVE INGREDIENT: Ramipril
STRENGTH, PACK SIZE & GMS CODES:
1.25 mg Tablets x 30 ~ 43201
2.5 mg Tablets x 30 ~ 43212
5 mg Tablets x 30 ~ 43230
10 mg Tablets x 30 ~ 43255
- Treatment of hypertension
- Cardiovascular prevention – reduction of cardiovascular morbidity and mortality in patients with:
» Manifest atherothrombotic cardiovascular disease (history of coronary heart disease or stroke, or peripheral vascular disease) or
» Diabetes with at least one cardiovascular risk factor.
- Treatment of renal disease:
» Incipient glomerular diabetic nephropathy as defined by the presence of microalbuminuria
» Manifest glomerular diabetic nephropathy as defined by macroproteinuria in patients with at least one cardiovascular risk factor
» Manifest glomerular non diabetic nephropathy as defined by macroproteinuria >3g/day.
- Treatment of symptomatic heart failure
- Secondary prevention after acute myocardial infarction: reduction of mortality from the acute phase of myocardial infarction in patients with clinical signs of heart failure when started > 48 hours following acute myocardial infarction.